storage cases

Eric

I have a Stanley tool box with wheels, I believe I paid $60. It is very tough and can be locked.

bin1.jpg

It has a tray that works great for under armor, neck seal, gloves, TD, batteries etc...

bin2.jpg

I like the fact that it holds everything and looks nice. It just needs some more decals and a name plate!

I have a Stanley tool box with wheels, I believe I paid $60. It is very tough and can be locked.

bin1.jpg

It has a tray that works great for under armor, neck seal, gloves, TD, batteries etc...

bin2.jpg

I like the fact that it holds everything and looks nice. It just needs some more decals and a name plate!

on a scale of 1-10 how hard would it be to take a knife and carve out a squad on the top/side of it? If I spend 60$ vs sub $20 I want to make sure some one can't get to it just as easily.

on a scale of 1-10 how hard would it be to take a knife and carve out a squad on the top/side of it? If I spend 60$ vs sub $20 I want to make sure some one can't get to it just as easily.

I would say it would be 8-10. It is tough, for someone to brake in with both locks and an additional pad lock it would require a saw or dremmel. It would probably take some time. Just using a pocket knife or something similiar would take a long time, you can not just stab thru and cut. I bought this because it holds everything, I know other troopers who use these, it is large enough that it is not easy to run off with and strong enough to keep someone out while I am trooping. I cringe at the sight of rubbermaid tubs that look as if they have been falling apart for at least a year or two. I figure that my gear is worth over a grand, so paying a bit more for a nice storage bin seems practical. I think it looks pretty good too!

• 4 years later...

A bomb squad friend of mine says he can get me a 30" long x 22" wide x 20" tall pelican type box. Would that be large enough to fit everything in for one TK? My plan is to keep my helmet in a separate bowling bag. Unless it fits.

Granted, I don't have my armor yet (soon, though!!!) but I've been a handler at a few events. I'd think that should be enough space if you pack it sensibly. Many troopers wrap their shins, and place them inside of their thighs, then the same with the arm parts. It definitely makes a difference if you pack it smartly.

See if he has one that you can look at, or at least has a picture of it. A picture might help people answer a little bit better, knowing the dimensions.

For a comparison, the Stanley box in the pictures above is 37 x 23 x 23.

Edited by Dark CMF

I use a Husky 37 inch rolling storage bin - also available from Home Depot and roughly $8-10 cheaper than the Stanley...the Husky has more reinforcements built into the lid (I have stood on mine more than once) and will fit everything including the helmet.  Outside of a few minor differences the Stanley and Husky bins are virtually identical.  There is a vendor on the 501st website (under Merchandising ) who makes personalized nameplates for the Stanley boxes and there is a site on Etsy called Apocalypse Fabrication that will make a custom steel nameplate (around $30 including shipping) for a Husky or any other storage bin of your choice....

Some of the troops I've been to have had limited room to change into armor so we've had to stack boxes to make room...the Husky or Stanley boxes are perfect for this.....and you can sit on them....both these boxes were side by side to each other when I visited Home Depot.....costs nothing to check them out and compare differences to see what you want...

Edited by Oztrooper