ROTJ E11 pipe build

gh05ty

Ive had a little time on my hands lately so i decided to build this.

What do you think?? is there anything i have missed off it so far ??

waXG3S8.jpg

psdW3Cl.jpg

I have some alloy tube for the fins, and im working on the rear sight insert, i plan to be a little lazy with the scope/rail & greeblies and buy resin but i think its ok so far considering i have not had to buy anytihng yet!

Looking good Rob!

I'm going to be building one myself soon out of a MGC sterling.....

I have a few pipe builds in the cupboard, I really must get round to finishing them!

Looking forward to some more pics mate.....:duim:

On 4/17/2011 at 6:02 PM, sskunky said:

Looking good Rob!

I'm going to be building one myself soon out of a MGC sterling.....

I have a few pipe builds in the cupboard, I really must get round to finishing them!

Looking forward to some more pics mate.....:duim:

Mark mate if you need any help with any of them just shout.

Heres a few pics of the build up so far....

The pipe, drilled with the alloy inner sleeve:

pKFDvIm.jpg

A few of the parts attached:

XEXtAPx.jpg

The scratchbuilt finger guards, which are very different to the UK/ANh version:

P8UM07j.jpg

The mag installed for the first time:

NPpm4iN.jpg

Rear cap ( which is removable like the original with a sprung lever lock and bayonet type fitting)

d8K3MM1.jpg

The one piece stock and the two halves of the trigger/grip area:

h1ZaNzd.jpg

and just before the selector switch was installed:

ZSxCGDd.jpg

Great work ghosty , very accurate ROTJ build and nice to see one not based round an L2A3 B)

Front D ring looks a little on the large side but other than that its spot on :)

Thanks Steve, i made a jig for the D rings but ended up using lager wire so it became 2mm bigger, never realised before i did this one that the D rings on the mgc are bigger than the L2A3's.

BTW Steve are you still doing scope/rail & greeblies for ROTJ E11's ?? if so mate can you pm me a price for scope/rail and greeblies, thanks.

PM sent Rob :)

Skunky i now dont like you unless of coarse you wanna sell the MGC sterling :P

Where did you find that dude ,bet it was pricey !! I missed out on one last year by 2 weeks , the guy sold if for £100 ....I nearly cried :shok:

PS some great reference pics here for the MGC-http://www.modelguns.co.uk/sterling_L2A3.htm

Edited by TANGO'D FETT

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got around to cutting the alloy pipe i had to make the fins for this project, now it just needs scope/rail & greeblies which i intend to use resin casts from Tango'd Fett, but its now been packed away for our house move so will have to wait a little while.

ZSxCGDd.jpg

bv91BWa.jpg

• 2 months later...

PM sent Rob :)

Skunky i now dont like you unless of coarse you wanna sell the MGC sterling :P

Where did you find that dude ,bet it was pricey !! I missed out on one last year by 2 weeks , the guy sold if for £100 ....I nearly cried :shok:

PS some great reference pics here for the MGC-http://www.modelguns.co.uk/sterling_L2A3.htm

:D

Ha, Ha!

Yeah, I was a lucky man and I got it from Andy on here. I actually found it on gunbroker I think.

I payed a lot more than £100 though. Jeez, that was a cheap deal some lucky bugger got!

I'll post some pics soon, I'm just having the greeblies drawn up in 3D so I can get them machined. I'll start my own thread as not to clog up Robs..... ;)

:D

Ha, Ha!

Yeah, I was a lucky man and I got it from Andy on here. I actually found it on gunbroker I think.

I payed a lot more than £100 though. Jeez, that was a cheap deal some lucky bugger got!

I'll post some pics soon, I'm just having the greeblies drawn up in 3D so I can get them machined. I'll start my own thread as not to clog up Robs..... ;)

feel free mate we can make it "the CFO E11 thread" lol :peace: