All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Thank you so much for the advice Guys, I have placed an order today with RS for the fully commissioned Stormtrooper ANH, I am aiming to later transform to Jedha Stormtrooper. Updates shall be transmitted asap
  3. Congrats on your approval, Derek! Now that you are good to go, you are fortunate enough to be in Makaze Squad territory (my last Squad). They have well over 200+ troops a year there. so you have the opportunity to attend a ton of events. If when you meet Gary senior (or junior) please give them my best. One thing I would suggest is applying for Legion Access here at the FISD. It;s easy to do, and it will open up many new areas here that you can check out. https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/16-501st-trooper-status-requests-include-link-to-your-501st-profile-in-your-request/
  4. Today
  5. Last things!! Boots! Holster! (I will change the attachments to loops like esb/rotj style, when I get my handmade Rotj e11 made ^^) Aaaaaaaand the lightsaber based on starkiller's one! I made this handmade on pvc some time ago. I want to buy a tricree led to make it a nice cian color, now it's like ice blue, like Rey's version of the graflex. Enviado desde mi SM-G955F mediante Tapatalk
  6. Arms here! Also the gloves made of silicone and black rubber chemical gloves. Enviado desde mi SM-G955F mediante Tapatalk
  7. If I could make one small suggestion, it would be this: After applying the decals and pressing them down firmly, hit the edges with a tiny bit of white paint first and let it dry for 10 minutes or so before applying the blue.. The reason for this is that if there are any tiny gaps where the decal is attached, the white will fill them and the edges of the blue will come out clean and crisp without bleed through.
  8. Thanks for the advice, my ocd wouldn’t let me leave it that way. There were a few choice swear words said while I was realigning. [emoji3] Just have to now learn to love the gap. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. To check out the alignment of the sniper knee. Enviado desde mi SM-G955F mediante Tapatalk
  10. Shin armors here closed with velcro behind. Enviado desde mi SM-G955F mediante Tapatalk
  11. Both thigh armor pieces, they get attached by a belt, sandtrooper style. As it can be seen, the ammo belt is wielded with abs cement on top of the lower ridge, and not rounded corners. Enviado desde mi SM-G955F mediante Tapatalk
  12. Wasn’t happy with the front sight guard witch was too much forward on the muzzle. Furthermore, it wasn’t right in the axis of the main tube. I tried to correct this problem with pliers without disassembling the muzzle. Very bad idea. I broke the little hook that maintains the guard Aluminum is fragile. I think this part should be in steel (Chris, if you read me ) So I decided to sold it on the main tube with bi-component glue (after it was filed and adjusted - won't make the same error 2 times !). Tomorrow, I’ll trim it.
  13. First, there are no "dumb" questions, William! Always feel free to ask about anything you need to. We were all in your shoes boots at one time, and we don't judge anyone. Once your costume is 501st approved and you receive your official TK #, you can sign up for access to as many Garrisons as you like. I belong to over 30 (I like to see what's going on all over). Many Garrisons/Squads only allow you to see future events (Troops) until you have that number, but after that you are welcome to Troop at any 501st event in the world. I have trooped with folks from the UK, Australia, Canada, etc. and met some great new friends. As for taking your bucket off in public, I wouldn't. As Tony (ukswrath) mentioned, we want to maintain anonymity. Do they get hot inside? Yep, but investing in a good fan system will help immensely. I do see folks without helmets at cons, and that is their prerogative, but personally I never do unless I am away from the public. One hint, if you choose to purchase an amplifier or voice changer, ask here first. There are some fantastic ones and some truly awful ones out there.
  14. Looking good so far. Looking foward to seeing your full application. Aim high. aim big.
  15. Yeah, it may changes when someone takes the photo for me, but we will see Yeah! Commander's rulez! hahahaha I have made an school at Spain! This is actually my 3rd Commander armor!! I wanted to make a Centurion since the 1st build, but i couldnt bc of the armor maker, but now, this is a good armor, good plastic (abs)...good quality on general The rest of the parts are coming now!
  16. Sarah is spot-on about those gaps, so you are golden. I gotta' say you did a spectacular job with the ear placement revision and counter-sinking the bottom screws, Mark. WOW! Many would have just let it go, but you really went above and beyond, sir, and for that I salute you. I can see no problems with this when you apply for EI and then Centurion.... GREAT job! Keep those photos and questions coming... can't wait to see whats up next!
  17. Hi Allen and welcome aboard future Trooper! Have a read in the “Getting Started-Read this First” section, as there is some really good info in there for new members. Then, have a read in “Costuming and Builds” section to discover other troopers who are building (or have built) the same armor as you! Really good tips, examples, pictures, previously answered questions, and successes here. In addition to looking at all the various build threads, I highly recommend checking out the “Advanced Tactics” section where you can see examples of those who have taken their armor to the next levels of screen accuracy (EIB and Centurion). I’d recommend that you aim to build to one of the certification levels, as TK’s look their best at these levels. It's really not hard to acquire EIB or Centurion, and it’s best to do during your build rather that after. If, and when, you’re looking for other bits –and-pieces, accessories, boots, blasters, electronics, etc., be sure to check out the “Imperial Commissary/PX” section for items for sale, project runs, and for other stuff that most of the troopers use. Also, make contact with your local Garrison. They’ll help guide you through the process of becoming a member of the 501st, and may have local Armor Parties in the works where you can get hands-on build advice and guidance, not to mention meet members of your future Garrison. So, start a build thread here on FISD; post lots of pictures and questions. We are all here to help you out and to make sure you look your best, and represent the 501st as best as possible. All the best on your TK journey!
  18. Hi Eric and welcome aboard future Trooper! Have a read in the “Getting Started-Read this First” section, as there is some really good info in there for new members. Then, have a read in “Costuming and Builds” section to discover other troopers who are building (or have built) the same armor as you! Really good tips, examples, pictures, previously answered questions, and successes here. In addition to looking at all the various build threads, I highly recommend checking out the “Advanced Tactics” section where you can see examples of those who have taken their armor to the next levels of screen accuracy (EIB and Centurion). I’d recommend that you aim to build to one of the certification levels, as TK’s look their best at these levels. It's really not hard to acquire EIB or Centurion, and it’s best to do during your build rather that after. If, and when, you’re looking for other bits –and-pieces, accessories, boots, blasters, electronics, etc., be sure to check out the “Imperial Commissary/PX” section for items for sale, project runs, and for other stuff that most of the troopers use. Also, make contact with your local Garrison. They’ll help guide you through the process of becoming a member of the 501st, and may have local Armor Parties in the works where you can get hands-on build advice and guidance, not to mention meet members of your future Garrison. So, start a build thread here on FISD; post lots of pictures and questions. We are all here to help you out and to make sure you look your best, and represent the 501st as best as possible. All the best on your TK journey!
  19. Hi William and welcome aboard future Trooper! Have a read in the “Getting Started-Read this First” section, as there is some really good info in there for new members. Buckets stay on is usually the mandate. Your voice can be heard while wearing your kit, and voice amps are available for additional volume & effect. Then, have a read in “Costuming and Builds” section to discover other troopers who are building (or have built) the same armor as you! Really good tips, examples, pictures, previously answered questions, and successes here. In addition to looking at all the various build threads, I highly recommend checking out the “Advanced Tactics” section where you can see examples of those who have taken their armor to the next levels of screen accuracy (EIB and Centurion). I’d recommend that you aim to build to one of the certification levels, as TK’s look their best at these levels. It's really not hard to acquire EIB or Centurion, and it’s best to do during your build rather that after. If, and when, you’re looking for other bits –and-pieces, accessories, boots, blasters, electronics, etc., be sure to check out the “Imperial Commissary/PX” section for items for sale, project runs, and for other stuff that most of the troopers use. Also, make contact with your local Garrison. They’ll help guide you through the process of becoming a member of the 501st, and may have local Armor Parties in the works where you can get hands-on build advice and guidance, not to mention meet members of your future Garrison. So, start a build thread here on FISD; post lots of pictures and questions. We are all here to help you out and to make sure you look your best, and represent the 501st as best as possible. All the best on your TK journey!
  20. Hi Chris and welcome aboard future Trooper! Have a read in the “Getting Started-Read this First” section, as there is some really good info in there for new members. Then, have a read in “Costuming and Builds” section to discover other troopers who are building (or have built) the same armor as you! Really good tips, examples, pictures, previously answered questions, and successes here. In addition to looking at all the various build threads, I highly recommend checking out the “Advanced Tactics” section where you can see examples of those who have taken their armor to the next levels of screen accuracy (EIB and Centurion). I’d recommend that you aim to build to one of the certification levels, as TK’s look their best at these levels. It's really not hard to acquire EIB or Centurion, and it’s best to do during your build rather that after. If, and when, you’re looking for other bits –and-pieces, accessories, boots, blasters, electronics, etc., be sure to check out the “Imperial Commissary/PX” section for items for sale, project runs, and for other stuff that most of the troopers use. Also, make contact with your local Garrison. They’ll help guide you through the process of becoming a member of the 501st, and may have local Armor Parties in the works where you can get hands-on build advice and guidance, not to mention meet members of your future Garrison. So, start a build thread here on FISD; post lots of pictures and questions. We are all here to help you out and to make sure you look your best, and represent the 501st as best as possible. All the best on your TK journey!
  21. Gemini Masterpiece odorless mineral spirits. Plain paper towel let it sit for only 3-5 seconds ...then with decent pressure and finger tips rub hard took me under 3 min to clean it all off ...now this was directly on ABS no primer and only sat for about a month. Looking over the area very small micro scratches but after new paint is on and a good polish will never see it
  22. Looks great so far! It's hard to tell the fit from "selfie pose" in the mirror though; when you have your undersuit and all together, I'd suggest trying to get someone else to snap some pics, or setting up a tripod Awesome to see another commander!
  23. BBBs are starting to arrive... 1 out of 4 so far... BIG THINGS are in the works, guys... big things... XD
  24. Sounds good thank you so much! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  25. And some people thought Death Trooper armor was expensive... LOL
  1. Load more activity