All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Today
  2. I wish I was able to hear more of it! We didn't hear much as we did not go into the ticketed areas, but it was great to hear the opening theme through the open doors to the auditorium! Thank you! The first 10 (and 11th) have been amazing and have been quite the range of events as well!
  3. I didn't even make that connection! I'll have to put in a suggestion for their name change to get with the times.
  4. I ended up singing Barbie Girl in my head for the rest of the event.
  5. Hello Vic! Your Hovi-Mix files look great, and I can't wait to see what you conjure up next! Do you have any plans on joining the legion?
  6. I’ve been going back and forth between trimming the torso pieces as advised, and getting strapping together. I forgot to order more snaps since I’m using the double-snap method, and I’ve run out of 1” nylon too making the snap bases. I made a crude jig with leftover thermal detonator material to get the hole pairs somewhat consistent, and I burned the holes with an old soldering iron: Positioning for the snap bases: Positioning for any strapping: After a lot of burnt nylon smoke: Snap setting, most of them were straight: I glued in a few snap bases on the chest and back plate to start. That’s about as far as I got. For the kidney plate, looking downward on the top right side, there is this pucker from the pull: Looking at the same side, there is also some lumpiness (photo doesn't do it too much justice): I’m hoping that it won’t show too prominently. I know that I should trim at the red dashed line below, not the blue line or anywhere close, because I'd be digging into the gap between the kidney and ab plates. I'm a somewhat slim trooper. But seems like I need to remove a little bit more than the red line so it’s nice and clean. I see in the CRL that the presence of the notch is optional, but if it’s there, it should be 22mm high. There is no requirement for the horizontal dimension, though. Maybe I’m just overthinking all this.
  7. Yesterday
  8. Howdy Folks. I found some photos of myself in high school wearing my MovieFX armor. This had a three peice helmet and was made of HIPS. I saved up three paychecks and sent two money orders to Germany IIRC. That was over twenty years ago and a lot has changed, I no longer have my old armor for one. Recently I found a rotocast of a screen used Move Along helmet in my garage from the same time period, it sparked interest in me to recreate some old props that I miss. Hopefully I can contribute more to the 3D Depositary as in the past two years have successfully self taught CAM/CAD. You can find my ANH Hovi tips and soon I will have some ROTJ tips as well. Have a great day! P.S. I Think I'm going to buy a MovieFX suit again, although I love the TM suit.
  9. Cool beans, thanks a bunch! I'll try out the 4-5mm edge with the thighs, it'll probably be fine. I figured for the shins/greaves I'd have to leave some so I'll again go with your recommendation of 10mm, the one spot I was sure about was the bottoms of the thighs and greaves, those are definitely getting sanded down lol.
  10. 86. Bradley's Honor Walk - Rancho Santa Margarita, CA - Sun. 4/21/24 (ANH-S #56, FTE #65) TK-61490 Celebrating TK-4/21 Day with TK-50311, TK20413, TK-62345! We were at our post!
  11. Hi Jeff, welcome to FISD. As you are fast realising, there are plenty of members here more than happy to answer all your questions. Do ask as many as you need, advice will continue to come. I hope you enjoy your new journey to becoming a Stormtrooper.
  12. 85. Comic Orange 2024 - Tustin, CA - Sat. 4/13/24 (ANH-S #55, FTE #64) Clowning around with TK-62345, @Dsposato0 Note that a change in my understanding of the rules for what counts as a "troop" within our Garrison has changed, and apparently we do get credit for events where we POC in an open-faced costume, so I added in an additional 3 troops to my overall count where I wore my Officer costume as POC for the event. I'll go back and fix all of the numbering at some point, but this post and my list on page 1 are accurate and it does not affect my total FTE's - I just use this single thread for all of my troops.
  13. The top of the thighs, if you check movie references, had all the return edge removed, but many do leave some to give the armour the appearance of thickness. If you can get away with leaving some, generally 4 or 5 mm is enough, but you can remove it all, At the top of the Greaves you do want to leave the return edge, this area should be thicker, so I'd leave at least 10 mm. The bottom of the Greaves don't require any, and you will find it more comfortable to remove it all and less damaging to your boots.
  14. Quick question by the way: While all the arm stuff is gluing/waiting to be glued I figured I'd start on the legs. My first question for them is do the tops of the thighs and greaves/shins need the return edges for centurion? Personally I'd rather remove them for comfort's sake and not get armour bite but I wanted to ask before I did anything. Also does anyone have any good methods of catching scrap ABS aside from just picking them up bit by bit?
  15. Hi Jeffrey, The very best of luck with your build. I’ve just completed my first build (which was also RS) and it was a wonderful experience. It took just under 2 years for various reasons but so worthwhile. My advice? Embrace the expert opinions and recommendations here on this forum. When you get frustrated, walk away and take a breath. Don’t build when you’re too tired (I so nearly made a critical mistake when working on my armour after a long working day). Measure twice, cut once (or in my case, measure 10 times, sleep on it, measure 10 more times, then cut 🫣) Don’t do anything if you’re unsure. Post a question on here and get the help you need. I look forward to seeing your build and enjoy the journey! Tim
  16. *WonderCon 2024 - Anaheim, CA - Sat. 3/30/24 (ID & Lt. Gauge)
  17. I am so SO very jealous. A concert troop has been on my list for ages now. And TFA has an incredible soundtrack. Congrats on breaking 10!!!
  18. JeffD

JeffD

Ok Dave. Sounds good and thanks.
  19. I can't do too much today because my garage is freakin' cold despite it being sunny but for now I managed to get the right bicep correctly fit and cut so I'm very happy about that. Much better than the left one, which still needs fixing but I need a good way of collecting scrap for my paste. I'd glue it but I need to buy MOAR MAGNETS!!
  20. Morgi

FISD Memes

... Oops, I did it again~
  21. Republic airways, from the old days before the Empire!
  22. Mision 6 20/04/2024 - PINTO (MADRID) - I MARCHA FAMILIAR CONTRA EL CÁNCER INFANTIL
  23. 41. 21/04/2024 - TORREJON DE LA CALZADA - MADRID - II DUATLON MENUDOS CORAZONES - Stormtrooper ANH Stunt
  24. Caught an Anovos premium line TFA helmet for $250 on Mercari. All things seem well, seller seems nice. They do offer buyer protection however, so if things go wrong, I can always get a refund
  1. Load more activity