All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Yesterday
  2. I wasn’t sure how far to take them down on inside. I thought about grinding them level with frown but was afraid of taking too much material away. You stated you took yours down to frown. Do you still have some frown depth is there some wall inside frown windows? I don’t want to go to far down. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. Looking forward to the progress, if you post separate image links into your post it will be good for receiving feedback, use the 'direct link' or just copy and paste directly in to your thread
  4. So, I started a build thread in the correct place since apparently this is not it lol here is a link to the correct thread. Unboxing and the beginning of trimming already posted
  5. Posting my build thread here because apparently, I started it in the wrong place. Wtf kit, BBB day today, have boots, undersuit, neckseal and holster already. Still need a belt, gloves and centurion level boots. My boots will get through basic but not centurion. Below is the unboxing and the beginning of trimming. https://imgur.com/gallery/Ob60NpT
  6. From your picture it looks like you still have material left to remove if you want. If you'll notice from the inside view of my helmet I removed the plastic from the openings until it was gone/level with the frown itself. Larger openings for a bit more venting, at least that was my reasoning. lol But if you're happy with them as they are now, you can use hobby files (that's what I did, mine came from Hobby Lobby) or an Exacto as Mark suggests to square everything up.
  7. MTK is the only vetted seller on EBay. If it is indeed what's delivered you'll be OK. Good Luck Future Trooper!
  8. We strongly advise stay away from eBay although some sellers are legit many are not, lots of great info in the Getting Started section in regards to vetted sellers.
  9. Hello Jo and glad to see you found your way here, being a 501st member you can request higher access here
  10. Congratulations and welcome to the ranks trooper
  11. I use a small exacto knife the one with pointy blade and carefully square them off including the smallest ones, or you can use a small tiny hobby files Mark (A)
  12. On your sales thread I also asked if they were paintable so buyers can better color match them to their armor.
  13. Update, Ok so I was concerned that the Sentra that I chose to use for the base of the shoulder strap master mold would be too porous so I made the base from ¼ thick plexiglass and used the styrene half rounds. Once I had this completed I made the mold. Once the mold was cured, I sprayed it down with release agent and molded another set of shoulder straps. The results were the same, the cured rubber was not smooth and was pitted. So, I cleaned the mold and made another set without the release agent and man did that make a huge difference. So at this point these are as good as I can get them until I can find a supplier that produces ¼” half round plexiglass or acrylic rods at a decent price. Here are the pics: If you are interested in a set, I have created a sale thread here: As always, thanks for the interest.
  14. Your teeth look like they are formed a little different than mine. My smallest ones are really tiny. I am trying to figure out how to square them off. The drill bit i used to make hole was fairly tiny already. Suggestions?
  15. Congratulations trooper! Serve proudly!
  16. I used car T cut to remove yellowing on my armour
  17. More Carida people!! We’re taking over! Welcome Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  18. Hi again Riva and thank you for your EIB application! In this review I will ensure that your armor follows the requirements set out in the CRL L2 Expert Infantry Badge and also point out what I can to prepare you for Centurion, should you choose to apply. I hope you do! Let´s get started shall we! CRL and EIB Application Requirements: All required submission photos have been posted and I am very pleased to announce your armor displays all the necessary elements to qualify for ANH Stunt Expert Infantry. On behalf of myself and the entire D.O.Team, Congratulations! Other-Armor Fit/Assembly: In this section we review observations made by your fellow troopers and ourselves. Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armor. As we navigate through this review we are going to start with the helmet and work our way down. We start off small by suggesting a little nudge to the middle of the brow trim to level it out. You did really great in making your Anovos helmet mimic the screen used ones and although you did replace the mesh we suggest that you change it out one more time, the originals had a square/rectangular shape whereas yours are more of a diamond shape. We also suggest painting the insides and the rims of the mic tips white for that uber ANH look. Looking at the arms the cover strips idealy lines up bicep to forearm so here we suggest some readjustment to get them in check. Looking at the holster, and even though there are examples of black straps, the majority of the holsters had more of a tan color so we just included this for your consideration. Here the posterior plate appears to be riding up over the kidney so you might want look into the strapping and tighten it up. Looking at the thighs we suggest you even out the amount of black showing by lowering the left thigh and also rotate the right sligtly inwards. You have a great looking blaster and we just have a two things to mention. First, the grip were plastic so it shouldn´t have any weathering, could be a reflection though. Second is the scope and perhaps a bit too much brass showing when compared to screen used ones. Centurion Requirements: In this section we prepare you for Centurion. More photos may be requested in the future that allow us to make better decisions on possible adjustment etc. If there are any areas of concern they will be discussed here. Because Centurion photos show much more detail than EIB, items pertaining to Centurion might be seen there and not here. We try to point out all we can from what is seen but the final accuracy is the responsibility of the trooper. Below you will find areas that will need to be adressed for a future succesfull Centurion Application. Here we go! The CRL states there should be minimal gap between the shoulder armor and chest/back plate. Looking at your gaps we want you to get them as close to that blue line as possible. Suggested ways to achieve this would be shorten the strapping and/or to trim more of the lower return egde of the bells. Looking at your posture, keeping your shoulders and arms in a more neutral position will also help in closing the gap. Dropping down to the belt, as per CRL is should sit at or just below both of the button panels so we need you to raise it roughly to were the blue line is. Continuing on with the cloth portion of the belt, as seen in these pics it´s a bit soft and therefore crease so you will need to replace it for Centurion. We are sure you`re aware that flexible handguards without visible strapping is a must for Centurion so we mention this as a "just in case". Moving on to the back plate we see some cut-outs that we feel should be hidden more and although not mentioned in the text but as seen in the reference images the back and kidney should be somewhat in line. We see you have straps connecting the back to the chest and that pulls the back closer to your body and actually highlights those cuts and especially from the from the sides it´s not looking right. Those straps are most likely causing the issue so we suggest removing them and also look into shorten the straps between the back and kidney. We also suggest you fill in those cuts for a cleaner look but sorting out the strapping might be enough to hide them. We understand wanting to protect ones property but we need you to remove this writing for Centurion, you can always add that back after your approval seeing as the way you troop is up to the Trooper. The last thing on your road to Centurion is to reduce the size of the thighs. We want you to look your best and a requirement for all 501st costumes is that they are proportional to the wearer in scale, fit and size. There we have it! Again congratulations on beeing an Expert Infantry Man and we hope to see you back for a Centurion submission
  19. Hi Riddick and congrats on your approval! Welcome to the FISD!
  20. I've heard the whitening process can make the plastic brittle. Is there any truth to this?
  21. I think you should consider upgrading your F-11D with buttstock to a properly sized one. The one you have really throws it off right now. It's supposed to look massive.
  1. Load more activity