All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Congratulations trooper and welcome to the ranks, you can request Stormtrooper access here https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/16-501st-trooper-status-requests-include-link-to-your-501st-profile-in-your-request/page/279/
  3. Today
  4. Could be a paint reaction too, some paints don't play well in certain orders and the paint will react. Generally I always try run a test piece when using new paints or layering using differing brands I've not used before.
  5. This is a close up of a ROTK which should give you a good idea what you're looking for: Rogue One Stormtrooper Reference CE 2016 by Christopher Pearson, on Flickr If you click through you'll be able to zoom right in on the detail.
  6. Wrapped up the armor and baton mount today. Was thinking about getting some pics loaded for a pre approval. Headed to the 501st to see what I need to do over there as well.
  7. Wow, thanks for the information, Andrew. I had no idea paint could be so complex! Before applying this latest gloss coat I did lightly sand some of the worst affected areas - this certainly helped to smooth it out a little. Now, the top coat is much more even and the appearance is better. Very few obvious pimples now. Thanks again for the tips and advise. It’s always appreciated. :-)
  8. Amazing achievement! Congrats on 200 troops, Q. :-)
  9. Alright, first almost-complete armor test (missing a few bits where the glue was still setting). I still need to trim the upper abdomen sides a bit, as they will be exposed. For the most part, it seems to look fine, though I think I will need to trim the upper thighs a bit more as well. A snap came loose on the codpiece (hence it's crookedness), so I will be adding another set for support. The velcro worked well, though I had to be a bit careful detaching it and there is a very small gap where the halves overlap. I will have to see how durable it is after wearing it for a while, though it currently seems sturdy.
  10. Yes, I’ll ping someone with admin powers.
  11. Many thanks brother the last few months have dragged on with it being winter here, get's pretty quite for trooping
  12. Today was a bit of a tear jerker. We trooped a conference of families with children suffering from a terminal degenerative brain condition in Crystal City, VA. There were a lot of smiles from the kids. There were also many times they would take our hands and not let go. This is why we do what we do.
  13. July 2019 This was a dream troop of a lifetime!! Weird Al at Wolf Trap, VA. And I got the Al hug!!
  14. May 2019 Spring Fest, Fair Lakes, VA
  15. OH i forgot to mention. I am going with long + long shin and short + short shin.
  16. December 2018 Scottish Walk Christmas Parade in Alexandria, VA. Kilted Fun!!
  17. Hey! I finally took my suit out for it's maiden voyage today! I walked around outside and inside for about an hour. I went up and down stairs, through tight hallways, stood around the yard, and had people honk at me as they drove past. I have taken note of all the things that I am having trouble with and that need to be fixed. I'm having a lot of trouble walking. I think my shins may be pulled down too far with the elastic stirrups I made, so it's hard to move my ankle. And there's something up with my ab and butt plate armor. Maybe ab/kidney is too low? Whatever it is, it's causing me to walk with my legs spread out like I had an accident in my armor Here are some photos. Maybe you guys can see why I'm having so much trouble? Front: Back: Left Side: (forgot to take right pic) Right and left sides with arms up: Front with blaster: Action shot: Making sure there are no rebels in the house: Also, there is no air moving around inside my helmet, so it seems that fans are a necessary investment. I'm also going to remove the backing to my frown mesh. I'm wearing a thermal undersuit and it's really warm, so I guess I'll have to try and find something cooler. Other than these few problems, my suit seems to work pretty well and I'm exited to start wearing it to cons and the like. Thanks!
  18. December 2018 Candle Lighter's Christmas Party at Inova Fairfax Pediatric Oncology Unit.
  19. I've been terrible at keeping up with this log, so let's fix that! Here are the last several troops. The first couple are a nice winter memory, given how hot it is now! The Holiday Parade in Reston, VA from November 2018
  1. Load more activity