All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. More painting completed. Are my black outlines on the ears too thin? And do my buttons look ok?
  3. Congratulations on approval! One of these days I need to visit Belgium! Heard it's beautiful, I'd love to meet some fellow troopers when I finally do get around to it!
  4. Absolutely true in double/triple checking. My first troop I left my knee plates behind. So glad a perceptive Boba Fett in my garrison found and took them with him. Since then he's been a fantastic friend! As such I always be sure to check for others as well if I'm the last guy just to be sure. Congrats on your approval and welcome!
  5. Aside from general fitting and making sure it all looks good based on your body build, you should be a pretty good kit, just like @ukswrath noted above. Shoot up a build thread for us to follow and we can help you along the way!
  6. Welcome to the FISD, I can definitely stand by the build threads and help you'll have from the members here. I've seen this is probably one of the best, if not the best detachment for being responsive on the forums. As such I started knowing little to nothing just like you, and within a month still had my armor built all based on guidance from the guys here and the build threads that exist. Local guys are helpful as well, but if you feel concerned and have trouble having local help all the time, know we got you in our hands as well!
  7. Hello sir! and welcome. Definitely helmet padding is going to vary base on preference. I didn't like motorcycle padding for mine because it didn't sit fit to my head and it didn't give me comfort. I did a mix of using a welder's head strapping system and some foam insulation. Also I will state fans are a must for long troops. I mean you don't have to get them, but they will make your whole life so much better. I know @ukswrath has some awesome fans for helmets as I have his installed in mine. As well, there are many other vendors who can get you going on things like that. Looking forward to your build!
  8. Today
  9. Welcome to the FISD! I too did not have any experience with this stuff prior to joining on the train a little over a year ago. I sure didn't choose an easy armor to start with, but I can vouch that if it weren't for the guys here on the FISD and the amazing build threads it wouldn't have been easy. A lot of the build threads here had me going in no time, plus we are all here to support each other, so utilize us for your build as we can't wait to help you join us in armor.
  10. Welcome to the FISD, I actually just got approved with my TB, so great to see another cross detachment armorer
  11. Tk-31022 here requesting 501st access please. From Garrison Carida. 501st Legion - Vader's Fist https://www.501st.com/members/displaymemberdetails.php?userID=30334
  12. That's not too bad overall to be honest. Looks pretty good for a first time test run suit up. Most of it looks like some strapping adjustments, but that's not too bad overall. I'd highly recommend checking builds from taller troopers to see what they have done. I'm a pretty average height, so didn't have height issues but still every trooper usually has some adjustments to do as we are all different and trying to look uniform. Looking forward to the continued work and future approval!
  13. Hi officer, hope you enjoyed the time in the SWC, May I know how long it usually take to complete the review?
  14. Yesterday
  15. That was going to be my next question hahaha. They have a set minus snaps. Also I have been talking with Alay on here. She has what looks like a really nice set on her Etsy. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  16. Great news, looking forward to seeing the unboxing and build thread when you get back to it, good luck
  17. Yes, I am aware of the restriction for centurion. I have been assembling my kit using the how to make your FX EIB thread. So I hope to get EIB shortly after getting initial approval. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  18. Great question, take a look in the "For Sale" or "Ongoing Sales" sections, maybe someone has a kit available. You can check Trooperbay.com also
  19. Congrats on your BBB day, Derek! Once you get the chance to open it, you will probably have the same feeling most of us did. You will rip into it like a kid Christmas and then realize "Oh crap, I have to put this thing together"! Not to worry... My suggestion would be to start a build thread here: https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/80-anh-build-threads/ Yes, there are already a ton of them, but having your own will allow you to post photos of your progress as well as ask as many questions as you like. Walt makes a fantastic set of armor, and there are many who have built them not only to basic approval but to Centurion level, (something to consider). https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/35371-eib-and-centurion-what-do-these-terms-mean/ Know that we are here to help every step of the way, and never be shy about asking for help. It's what we do here on the FISD!
  20. Welcome! We look forward to having and working with you! I'll also drop you a PM with more details.
  21. Can't get more local than the same town!
  22. Welcome to the coolest hobby ever, Josh! You are definitely in the right place to find out all you need to know about becoming a TK! Due to the vast amount of information here this site can seem a little overwhelming, but don't worry, we are here to help guide you every step of the way. As mentioned, research will be your best friend, but always feel free to ask any and all questions you may have, no matter how small. Building your armor yourself can sound daunting, but I assure you that you have an entire Detachment here to assist you. Having a commision build is nothing to be concerned about, as long as you go with one of the "vetted" armorers. However, one of the advantages of building it yourself is that you will know exactly how it is constructed, and if when it comes time to make repairs you can tackle them. There are a multitude of sites out there, but know that this is the true home of shiny white armor, and we are here to help you realize your dream of becoming an official 501st Stormtrooper!
  23. BBB showed up at my doorstep today. Out of town for the next few days with work. RIP
  24. Stopped delivering and answering, more info here
  25. Hey, this might’ve already been covered in another thread, but I don’t really feel like clicking through 1 million threads to try to find the answer. Whatever happened to hyperfirm? I was in contact with the dude last September, sent a payment, promised a blaster, then all communications ceased... Pretty weird.
  1. Load more activity