All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. That approach made the most sense top me Chris, and it gives options at each level. Centurion should always be closes to the source information we can get.
  3. Today
  4. The way I’ve been drafting it on Enoch, which is based on this draft, is lvl1 can be painted on lvl2 engraved but can be paint and then lvl 3 is engraved and “gold coloured leaf”. Doesn’t have to be actual gold, but leaf does look very different to paint so I think is a valid step up for the top level. This applies to cracks and patches. Once cleared if you need to make repairs then how you handle that is going to be based on personal choice, what you have to hand, time and cost considerations. All still open to discussion, but that needs to start with something.
  5. Welcome to the Legion and detachment. Trooping is great, I wish I could get out more than I do.
  6. Damn, how'd I miss this reply.. my main concern was potentially having to use gold leaf in the cracks too. It also makes sense that any leafing on the cracks would need paint repairs as gold leaf is usually done on smooth surfaces. So I completely agree with it being more open ended. Based off of that info, maybe dremelled/engraved cracks with metallic gold paint OR gold leaf should be requirements for level 2 and 3, leaving the "painted on surface" option for base approval as is? Essentially more options whilst still maintaining higher detail requirements for higher approval levels. I also think the larger patches and sections of gold should be addressed in the CRL as only the cracks seem to be mentioned in the draft. Maybe have it the same as the cracks, but worded something like "Larger patches of gold may be gold leaf, OR painted with metallic gold paint to match the appearance of gold leaf." That way, it allows for paint options and either real or imitation gold leaf to be used. My two cents.
  7. First parts are painted. These are the easy parts that only have one colour Im painting the golden cracks later when i have everything else painted
  8. This thread is now under the “Newly Approved” section. Congratulations once again and welcome to the Legion.
  9. Congratulations Jason and welcome to the FISD
  10. Personally, I would reach out to the armour maker to get a new piece, The ridges are quite obvious and would likely pass basic but not higher levels of approval
  11. Hi Tim. Glen is correct in that the gap should be filled to create a smooth surface from the outside. You can use Sugru (https://sugru.com) or make some ABS paste with scrap trimmings from your kit to fill the gap. Please let me know if you have any other questions
  12. Quick question on the knee ammo pack: mine has some ridges running in between the boxes, that are from the forming process. Aside from appearance, would this be a problem with approval? Should I try and get a new piece?
  13. Honestly Doggy, anything you say I take straight to the heart. I think it's your profile picture that's mesmerizing me.
  14. Honestly, I am almost to 50 troops and I still have the biggest goofy kid grin under the helmet the entire time. Trust me we do get how you feel.
  15. Yesterday
  16. Congratulations!!! For me, there was a before and after with my first visit to the pediatric area of a children's hospital. Missions with a lot of feelings, but the children, even if they are not at their best, give you more than they receive.
  17. I did my 101st troop last weekend and STILL feel amazing when I get to walk around in my TK's boots. I know all too much how you're feeling right now. And let me give a tiny glimpse into your future - no matter what dumb things life throws at you, there's always the peace and happiness of being inside the armor. It never goes away or gets old. It's super special and I'm so glad you get to be part of it. Cheers to you Terry!!! Happy for ya!!!
  18. Congratulations Terry! Even after 10 years of trooping, I still get a buzz kitting up as a TK.
  19. Cool. I figured I would have some more to clean up but figured I would wait to do the final clean up until I knew I had a good "shape" (if that makes sense) as the first time I attempted to paint, I went a little high.
  20. To echo what Chris said, a big THANK YOU to each and every one of you who donated. I've PMed or emailed most of you confirming receipt of your support, and the remainder of you will receive confirmation from me by tomorrow. For now, the easiest way to confirm your gift was received is to check your profile for the Supporter badge. Forthcoming will be receipts showing how and when the funds are applied to our forum/email expenses.
  21. Looking much better, just make sure there is no paint on the gums, I can see a few places
  22. We are now funded through into the next term, so this funding drive is now closed. Thank you to all of you who donated and have kept the Imperial engine turning. Supporter badges have been applied to all of you. As a reminder the majority of our costs are picked up by the Legion, who are currently having a drive to cover those pretty substantial costs. If you have not yet done so, even $1 will help. https://www.501st.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=113646
  23. It's normally the gap that needs filling, even with a piece behind the thigh. Reference Sugru or ABS paste will fill this gap
  1. Load more activity