All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Today
  3. I agree Yeah, I like the idea as well of being able to go with and without the pauldron. That is if I get a pauldron
  4. Well I suppose magnets for clamping for now. I’m looking at attaching the pauldron like JAFO did with magnets. And might look into doing magnet closures for some of the armor. Aaaand I just found your Magnets thread.. Sent from my iPhone using The Force
  5. I plan to use these ones that justjoseph63 linked in one of his threads. https://www.ebay.com/itm/6pcs-Super-Strong-Neodymium-Rare-earth-Magnet-Disc-for-sale-7-8-dia-x-1-8-thick/281060567507?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649 P.S. Wow right as I started to type your name, Joseph, you commented on my thread! What a coincidence!
  6. Magnets for clamping or magnets for another purpose?
  7. Which magnets are you guys using? That’s probably the only thing I don’t have. It’s a little overwhelming when you start looking at them on Amazon and see how many pop up on a search. Sent from my iPhone using The Force
  8. He He! Shhh.... they suspect nothing Yeah, I'm very impressed by KB's wait times. Especially compared to the wait time for my OTTK, which was 5-6 months. For sure! Yes, I got a box of all the good stuff prepped for the build
  9. Wow Congratulations Don, this is your real succes, the armor is just an adjustment, I'm sure you're going to acomplish as I can see you are a goal achiever. Congrats to your friend Rayan too for a great help. Cheers
  10. The kidney plate looks off because we flattened a return edge - when we started the build, I was around 230 lbs. and we thought that we were going to need shims. I'm down to 195 now and don't need the shims I think that the flattening is causing them to look misaligned but, with having to lengthen the front of my torso too because of my height, the back would be hanging way too low. When building, we (mostly I) were worried about gaps and wanted to address that first. As for the unneeded shims - I should've lost the weight before the build. Thank you for the feedback and I'll discuss with Ryan (he's the real brains of the operation)
  11. TK-23310 requesting access https://www.501st.com/members/displaymemberdetails.php?userID=31721
  12. You certainly made great progress. The side rivets are only a minor set back. Simply reposition them as per the info and diagram Joseph has supplied. ABS paste is easy to make and does sand back and polish up very well. You got this. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. @gmrhodes13 @JAFO @Sly11 Awesome stuff. I appreciate all the info and tips from you guys!
  14. Thanks for the feedback! I tried doing it by hand and they were too big! Then I saw something about photobucket that's why I did the link. I'm trying imgur now!
  15. Exciting times mate! Hope you e been busy getting all your tools, adhesives and PPE prepped for the build. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  16. Hi Don, great work on your armor mate. Everything is looking good. Just one thing I notice about your ab - kidney rivets, it looks like you have placed the kidney rivets a little low and that's why the armor pieces looks missaligned. The following photo may cleared what I'm trying to say. Hope this can help. Keep on doing this great job, you're almost done. Cheers
  17. Troop 103: 12/10/2019 Portland Trailblazer's Star Wars Night - Portland, OR (207th troop overall)
  18. This is getting exciting now, I expect to see the BBB photo very soon
  19. Thanks Mario. That thread helped a bunch. I have to admit, though, it looks like the shins are on backwards with the “curvier” part on the outside. It always looked like that belonged on the inside, where your calf dips in toward the ankle. This will help me get unstuck though.
  20. Yeah I'm also pretty sure that their Mandalorian helmet isn't going to ship either and it was promised to be delivered before the show started... What a joke! These guys are baiting new people. Sent from my CLT-AL00 using Tapatalk
  21. Thermal Detonator (con’t): I’ll spare you all the small iterative changes over several hours of work. After getting the shape of the tube nearly finished, I mounted the tube to the back plate using CA glue and (6) pull rivets with washers. A hole was cut in the back to facilitate installation and then filled with expanding foam to fill the void and help keep the tube as rigid as possible. If anyone wants pictures of that, shout. More filling, more sanding and I’m reasonably happy with the result. BUT I noticed the piece shown in the CRL has detail on the bottom this one doesn’t have. Basically, the ridge lines of the back plate continue down behind and below the TD. Solved this by affixing a couple pieces of scrap glued together, shaped like the ridge line and affixed to the bottom. The major work on this is now done but I will need to add a groove on the top and eventually finalize the thickness of the back plate. I will do that later when I get the armor ready to wear for fitting. Glad to have this part behind me. I think the assembly of the TD could be simplified greatly by a redesign. But if many builders simply jump to using the 3D print, might not be any incentive for 850 Armor Works to make a change here.
  22. Usual warning on label but reasonably safe to use. I tried to limit how much I used it indoors and skin contact but when caught few drops on me or smelled it didn't effeerrct mmemee me atts alls.
  23. Hmmmm. I like the idea of anything that helps clean up PLA. Not heard of MC. Any safety issues with this stuff?
  1. Load more activity