All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. I did mine with 2 shades or Blue, a darker deeper blue as the base and the a few light passes of lighter blue for highlights, then I move on to dark grey for weathering.
  3. Thanks for the additional Germain. I knew he made some props but wasn't aware he made costumes
  4. First of all, Thank you all for the warm welcome, I'm honored to be working towards becoming a member of such a friendly group of people. Yes, RS informed me that my order will take eight weeks to build, it is a commission made to my measurements and specifications. I'm alright with waiting, it'll be worth the wait I'm sure. I am very much interested in qualifying for EIB and Centurion, I ordered not only the armor, but also the helmet, the blaster, the soft pieces, the body suit, and the strapping. I've been doing research into checklists for EIB and Centurion and I look forward to seeing my armor in person so I can evaluate the small details more closely. Thanks again everyone, I'll be in the forums preparing myself for BBB day! For the glory of The Empire!
  5. Hi! Yes before we proceed, you'll need to remove the overspray on the teeth (although I'm not 100% sure it's not just shadow). If you look at the reference photos, you can err on the side of stopping short of the gums. You should be able to clean it up with mineral spirits or paint thinner. Could you also please post close-up photos of: * the inside and outside of the thigh ammo pack rivets (to check rivet type) * Straight on close-up shots of the front and both sides of the sniper knee (to check alignment) Thanks!
  6. Today
  7. Side note-I'm also ordering parts for a Line Officer build. The tunic and pants are custom so it'll take a while, so It'll be a little race on which one I actually get done with first since there is TONS more work involved in a TK build than just waiting around for some custom outfit to arrive. However, I went ahead and ordered some other parts of the build off ETSY. Canvas belt: Trooperbay Neck seal: DarmansProps E11 blaster holster: DarmansProps AND the Imperial boots wave just opened so I just ordered some White TK boots and a Balaclava.
  8. So here are some updated pics of my in progress bucket... HUGE thanks again to Eric Dyck's YouTube channel. Set up a small area to work. Added decals, installed the brow, and got things lined up and clamped. Installed the visor and ears, and tube tripes. PLEASE let me know if there are any critiques. Got the teeth and ears painted and the frown mesh installed. DAMN YOU hot glue gun! Got the "beard" and ears finished up. Hovi mics were painted and installed next... I also installed these little cap nuts on all the exposed threads inside the bucket for a little safety. Going to be working on the finishing touches tonight. Went to the store(s) to get some of the other tools and equipment needed, but looks like I'll have to order some of the odd snaps and stuff online. Thanks again!
  9. Well here it goes... I'm actually late to starting this thread because I could not wait to get started and I've been doing a ton a reading, research, been super busy, life, blah, blah. So the official BBB day was May 17th and have taken things out, sorted them, and just done some general inventory. I went with the AM armor due to my size and research suggested AM was better for a larger trooper build. I'm 6'4", around 220lbs on a good day, so yes I'm very excited to get things moving along. As I'm writing this, I've done quite a bit of reading and utilized Mr. Eric Dyck's youtube videos for assembling TK helmets. VERY helpful! and I've gone with Ukswrath's 1.o TK build to help me with the majority of my build. Thank you so much Tony if you happen to read this! So here are some pics of the first few days of excitement... ALSO I will be shooting to integrate as many Centurion elements as I can, SO PLEASE feel free to critique!
  10. Hey Cameron and welcome to FISD But 8-12 weeks for a kit? They usually ship kits within days and a commission is said to take about 6 weeks...are you sure it wasn´t 8-12 days Anyhooo...great choice going with RS and as far as accuracy goes they have an original suit they copied so can´t go wrong there Building an RS suit is "easier" than most think, the original sculptors really nailed it and it comes together beautifully, I did not say symetrically Doing your research is an important step in becoming a Stormtrooper so be sure to browse the build section and look for the [RS] prefix and you will find great reference for when your kit arrives. Just some TK-Beauty to get the momentum going
  11. Gap in posts for good reason. Around the time of my last post, our Garrison had a tragic loss. One of our members was murdered. She was one of the nicest people you could ever meet. The armor party I referenced earlier was at her house, and her TK husband. I've struggled with what to say about it other than sometimes life sucks. Her primary costume was TB, so a group in Star built scouts for our local con in her honor. Walt pulled them, so I was not focused on pestering him about my TK. https://i.imgur.com/drVbNQd.jpg But I got to a presentable TB and started pestering Walt, who encouraged me to do so until it was in mg hands. And then...... I'm at work and the doorbell rings..... https://i.imgur.com/UKrKYOG.jpg Just in time for me to ALMOST finish remaking my totally too huge Scout soft goods! And so it begins.... Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
  12. Yesterday
  13. I don't know why it posted them sideways. Let me know if I need to do over. [emoji849] Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
  14. Thank you for considering my request. Pam Nichols TK-10867 kekike2002 Garrison Tyranus Armor Maker-WTF Helmet Maker-WTF Blaster-HFX Height-5'2" Weight-117 Boots-Imperial Boots Canvas Belt-Rob Kittell Hand Plates-Trooperbay Electronics-TRamp Neck Seal-Geeky Pink's Holster-Darmans Props Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
  15. Looks great. Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
  16. Your ride rocks! It reminds me of my Dad’s RV years ago. He loved traveling the country! Love the gun rack!
  17. Thanks for sharing! It’s all about the ‘love’!
  18. Welcome to the forum and can't wait to see the build. RS is a very accurate and vetted set of armor, but might be a little harder to assemble because of its awkward construction. As other have said, keep doing research because no matter how much you think you know, there is always something that can be learned to improve your build and the experience. It would also make mistakes less likely to happen if your are certain about what you are trying to do. Also, do you plan on going for EIB or Centurion? RS armor is very fitting for such because of it's lineage and of you bought the strapping kit then you would have centurion level straps where they are needed. Just a little something to improve the overall look of your trooper and be proud of what you've done, but what ever you aspire towards is up to you and what you want from your set. Good luck on this whole process, and just enjoy the twisted ride that will likely ensue.
  19. Congrats on the build and will second all welcomes.
  20. Hi there! Sorry I never saw your post, I must have missed the notification. I used spray-on Plasti-Dip to darken the helmet interior. it was four coats if I recall correctly. As for the lenses, mine screw in and out with chicago screws, so I was able to remove them entirely—if your lenses are mounted in permanently, though, I'm sure you can cover them with painter's tape or something similar! Plasti-Dip peels off really easily once dried, so even if some did get on your lenses I don't believe it would be a big deal. You may have already found these answers but I figured I'd pipe up anyway!
  21. There are two blasters I’ll be using depending on the event. The complete prop and I’m including my current project that has lights and sound. This is the prop: This is the more functional unit still in progress. This is a kit from Raymond Hebert BlasterMaster.
  22. Ok, screws are changed on the canister. Also, I decided to upload both of my blasters. One is a much more detailed version of the blaster made by Questdesigncanada. Aged and modified by me. The other is a rubber stunt gun by Praetorian blasters.
  23. The frown is painted. I always find painting a little fiddly. Does it look like I stopped in the right spot? I noticed that one of the mistakes that gets brought up for Centurion is over painting the frown.
  24. Not for all the costumes he offers (offered?). He was a reseller for Jimmiroquai's kits in Europe, but he was also offering for sale few costumes he of his making. Such as Imperial Ground Crew, Mudtrooper. Those costumes being among the worse quality products I've ever seen by the way.
  1. Load more activity