All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. I'm following but I can't help you with the paint.
  3. Board schematic, BOM and code are available here. https://github.com/BipeFlyer/Troopduino I will be updating as I make improvements.
  4. I added the pics as requested. I thought the Aurebesh would be a nice touch, thanks. I have a few compliments on it now. I also added a pic of the chest/ab bracket screws since they are required to be painted as well. The magnetic kidney/ab was possible because of your shins setup, I did it and it’s great. The main difference is that they actually slide but don’t lock. The Han snap holds the top together and the ammo belt holds the bottom, like the movie kits. The magnets slide out when bending or breathing deep then return everything to proper alignment every time. I can can imagine how trying it can be to walk newbs through this process. I appreciate your patience with me as well. Let me know if there’s anything else you need.
  5. I wish! I am making progress so that's a good thing. I'll be making more progress tonight but I figured I'd post what I've done recently. I'm finally moving on to the lower limbs. The shins have already been trimmed ahead of time so it was a matter of sanding and gluing/added velcro. Here they are glued on the outside. I have them overlapping outside over inner. I also have white velrco on the inner part of the shins so I can put them on/take them off. Then came my worst nightmare. The THIGHS. I've had bad luck with my thighs, in fact the thighs are a major part of why my ANH Stunt armor wasn't approved. So its now or never. I set them out to work on sizing and have everything labeled. I then decided to take from the bottom of the thighs so that I wouldn't lose the width of the thigh. (I'm 5'4 so I needed to take quite a bit off). I took off a little more than 2 inches of plastic off the bottom of the thighs. I used a compass tool to keep/trace the edges so I could try to keep the same lines. I lined up the tops of the front of the thighs then tried to trace and create the swoop for the back of the thighs. Here are all the thigh pieces together. I'll be working on fitting and gluing soon. Finally the last major bit of trimming was finished and with it the last large scrap pile! I'm waiting on a new longer belt kit from Darren/JAFO to clear customs and I should be painting a large portion of this armor soon. I can see a light at the end of the tunnel. My plan is to try to get it finished before it starts to reach triple digits this summer and I won't be able to paint. Expect another update very soon!
  6. Today
  7. For example, I'm ID-17032 and TS-17032. I'm waiting on TK-17032 (pictures submitted). And I'm already planning CX-17032.
  8. Nice work trooper, would you have any other images or a little more story, could be an inclusion to the monthly newsletter, here's an example
  9. Have you thought of posting this on the legion boards, you may get a bigger response. Strike that I just noticed you did. You could also reach out to the legions diversity team ldo@501st.com
  10. I didn’t glue it to the sugru- I fastened the lenses directly to the sugru as it dried. Was a BIG pain in the.... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. Hi there folks. I've been a TK for several years now, but I also happen to be an art professor. I teach at Syracuse University. I am particularly interested in getting the professional art world and the academic world to pay more attention and respect to the world of costuming. My school is having a faculty exhibition this fall. What I would like to do with my space in the exhibition is show images of people who would consider themselves part of a marginalized group within society, and who in some way use their cosplay to make themselves more visible, or to combat standard social notions of their identity. If you feel like you're a part of a marginalized group--you can define it however you like, but certainly that includes people of color, immigrants, women, LGBTQ+ people, people who face religious discrimination, people who are neurodiverse and face mental or emotional challenges, people who are “disabled,” and people whose bodies don’t fit within supermodel norms--then send me a photo with: your name your character name the name of the photographer and an explanation of how the costume connects to your identity. The costumes can be Star Wars, or anything else. The 501st obviously works with a lot of people who are marginalized due to sickness, so I expect you might know people who costume with disabilities or health issues that might be interested. If so, pass this on to them. And my experience as a middle-aged dude whose body is turning on him as he ages is that a lot of us don't look like supermodels, but like to show off our costumes anyway. Anyone who just feels like they don't fit in, but costuming helps them feel normal, special, more visible, or more respected would be a great fit for this project. You can message me with your photo and info through this site, or email me at cwildric@syr.edu. There's a longer explanation of the project here: https://chriswildrick.com/portfolio/call-for-photos-of-cosplayers-battling-marginalization-through-their-cosplay/ Questions? Let me know! Thanks. If this call for participation in an exhibition isn't allowed here, my apologies.
  12. I used just sugru and tried gluing lenses to sugru directly with E6000. The glue does not want to stick to sugru very well. Has anyone tried removing sugru after it cures from their helmet. I like the idea of inserting mounting posts before it dries to attach lenses. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. TK-27679 If this is a councilor ship, where is the ambassador May 4th Richmond VA Garrison Tyranus Starwars live symphonic orchestral movie night ANH Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. I also thought it would never pass the french custom but it did. The European laws are strict about guns, even with replicas ... The seller is using fedex. The shipping is so fast that I doubt the custom have time to inspect the parcels ...
  15. Alright, here's an initial fitting of the top half. After trying on the thighs with this (not shown) it has become apparent that I'm going to have to trim them down at the top a bit all the way around. I'll probably take them in a bit as well, making them a little more narrow for skinny legs. Anyway, please let me know if you see any adjustments that need to be made with what I've got so far. TIA
  16. My next step was to start with the strapping since things were finally coming together. Also so I could get a better idea of what needed adjusting I decided I wanted to go with nylon straps with buttons to put it all together. I wanted it reliable but also easy to disassemble and pack up for transport. So I went to work making the straps. After research I decided to go with double button straps for better reliability. I am using nylon webbing and E6000 for the armor-side snaps instead of ABS plates. After thinking about needing to test fit the whole upper body and being unsure if further shaping/trimming was going to be necessary I decided to temporarily use the ANOVOS supplied velcro between the back plate, kidney and posterior. Once I'm sure about how things fit and the positioning of the straps I'll swap out the velcro for the nylon straps I've made. I did go ahead and install the straps between the chest and ab, because I thought I had a pretty good idea of how they should strap together... turns out I was wrong and I gave too much slack between the two. I had to rip off the two armor-side snaps you see below and place them ~1 inch lower I also decided I wanted to be able to completely disassemble the ab and kidney plates to make it more compact for transport. So I created a strip of buttons to connect the two on the rivet (left) side.
  17. OK, back to it!! So after asking around and impatiently doing a bunch of research, I decided to trim a little off each side of the ab plate I also shaped the ab plate and kidney plate a bit to wrap around my torso a bit more naturally. This is how much I took off the ab plate: On the right side (basically just went up to the "return") and the same off the left And it still lines up nicely with the kidney plate
  18. If anyone is following my build? Does anyone, anyone have a comparison of the Rustoleum Painters Touch Semi gloss white next to raw white plastic?
  19. I'll be installing my own homebrew voice changer and I've bought an Aker amp. I see that most people seem to install the amp in their chest, but I find it is a little too thick to fit comfortably. Are there any other ideas? I'm starting to think I may have to design my own amp and put speakers in the bucket. Maybe I should buy Tony's hovi tips and amp, but I like doing things myself when I can. It's more fun that way. Tony; will your hovi tips meet Centurion approval, or are they something you swap in after approval?
  20. Hi, Thanks for your submission and thanks for making the frown paint correction. I'll be with you shortly - appreciate your patience.
  21. Hey Dave, Thanks for submitting those additional photos. I'm loving that Aurebesh customization in there. And that magnetic kidney/ab closure is very nice! We still need some additional photos before we can begin. We need the following images to complete your application: Front view sniper knee Left side ab/kidney detail, closed, no belt (you don't have to be wearing it) Right side ab/kidney detail, closed, no belt (you don't have to be wearing it) Forearm wrist ends Kidney/butt plate exterior view of the returns/screw heads. Once we have those photos, we will be on our way. Thank you for your cooperation and patience!
  22. Hey John, I just wanted to check in with you to let you know that we're in the final stages of processing your Expert Infantry review. It won't be too much longer! Thank you for your patience!
  23. redid my biceps reduced a bit and tidied up. Re did bells with better elastic... forearms... going to redo the forearms going to add more taper and reduce a bit. How much can I take off the ends as i have limited movement with the forearms IE its hard for mt to put my bucket on.
  24. Hello and welcome to the FISD, Allan!
  1. Load more activity