All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Might not be a kit but delighted to report one of my Pauldrons has just shipped. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  3. Today
  4. I've been trooping in an ATA for 7 years, just updated to my spare kit which has just been built so hopefully will keep going for another 7 years. My first ATA did get a couple of cracks from air transport that and some of the glue yellowed, which most didn't notice but I did, converted that set to a Sandtrooper which is now approved also. For other armor head to the Getting Started section, you'll find a thread on "vetted sellers" I'd also say no to a second hand set, you may very well have to modify it to your frame and if that's the case you may as well start from scratch. Good luck on what ever you decide.
  5. It come with any assembly instructions? Was thinking about getting one of these kits and try and put in BlastFX electronics. Not sure I'm ready for another project yet. Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
  6. Coming from experience never buy assembled armor 2nd hand
  7. Yeah I was thinking the same, it doesn’t look to be assembled all that well, and will probably end up being more than an actual kit. I’m currently looking at ATA’s trooper, do you have any other suggestions or would ATA suffice?
  8. Yesterday
  9. Have a look through some of the build threads, you'll find a lot of tips and tricks in those. Make sure you wash all the parts with soapy water, sometimes than can be residue of release agent on the armor. Good luck and looking forward to the build.
  10. Thank you! I took a team of family members with me for support, lol. Everyone was so nice. Want to give a shout out to Garrison Tyranus for welcoming me to their group! Also, thank you to all of you for helping me with my armor build. Next...EIB [emoji2956] Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
  11. Congrats on your first troop, some great photos there
  12. I find on areas that are still a little curved that the cover strips need more pressure to hold them, use of clamps and masking tape can help this, when you apply the cover strip hold with clamp then apply pressure to the thighs and wrap tape around, this will help hold them until the glue dries.
  13. My first official troop. Had a blast! It's really a good feeling knowing that you made someone happy, children and adults. I can't wait to do it again! Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
  14. HBF Run For a Reason LOCATION: Perth CBD DATE: Sunday 19 May TIME: 8:30 am LANDSCAPE/WEATHER: Cool brisk walk along Riverside drive TROOPERS: TB13310 - Liz-Liz TK85421 -Q - gmrhodes13 TI47140 - Jason - tantaris ID11842 - Kate - K8T IG21897 - Johnathon - ImpererialKanos TK36367 - Luke - Gyurizon ID91064 - Daryl - Torpedo WRANGLERS: none REPORT: Arrived at PCEC at 7:30 am went for a little walk to get some fresh air arriving back at car park bumped into Liz and Q then Luke arrived we got ready and then started our trek to the train, was stopped by the guards to get a quick photo then onto the train. We received great welcome on the train " oh wow Storm troopers ", then on to Forrest Place to meet with Jason, Kate, Johnathon. Then the photos started everyone wanted a photo with us, was awesome to get the attention we made Desert Scorpion Garrison proud. Then it was time for the run/walk wow it was a bit of a wait to get to the start line then we were off. The walk was cool in some places until we were in the sun but all in all the walk was awesome, Q, Luke, Jason and Johnathon sort of shifted into a faster gear and left me, Kate and Liz a bit further back but was all good then when we neared the finish line we could hear the commentator saying oh wow storm trooper they were over the finish line then we came in and they spoke to Liz, then over the finish line. We all made it. a quick chat to our friendly Guide Dog WA and a photo with a cute guide dog, all and all was a awesome day for my first troop CHARITY: Guide Dogs W.A INJURIES: none ARMOR REPAIRS: none HAPPY PEOPLE: A lot of happy people wanted photos UNHAPPY PEOPLE: none MISSION STATUS: complete REPORT BY: Daryl
  15. Troop 24:  Relay For Life of Greater Lynchburg Lynchburg, VA 05/18/19
  16. You are lucky enough to have a TK man cave, I would love to have one any size
  17. It looks like an RS Prop kit although it does appear it was assembled using the overlap method rather than but joint with cover strips. This kit also doesn't fit the wearer as well as it could and may not fit you the best either. If those limbs aren't joined as per the CRL it will need to be pulled apart and assembled correctly to gain 501st approval specially if you intend to aim for Expert infantry and Centurion. If its assembled with E6000, that is a very possible thing to do, but if it is assembled with CA glue, it would be quite difficult to pull apart and you risk damaging the parts. If they are in fact cover strips on the shins thighs and fore arms, they look awfully wide and would need to be replaced with narrower versions.
  18. The most important thing is that you like your amor. So even if SDS is not the best objectively, as long as you're happy with what you have and think it looks good then that's what matters. You just might have to change stuff for approval and higher levels.
  19. I found this online for $850 OBO the description lists it as: A Preowned and modified ANH TK Suit from RSPropmasters also includes a E-11 Blaster Rifle is this legit and for the price should I jump on it? Thanks in advance!
  1. Load more activity