All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. This is great. Thank you. I will trim them down and take more photos. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. Today
  4. Hi Laura and thank you for applying for Expert Infantry. You´re looking great Trooper but we do need additional photos and they are: # Thigh ammo pack - inside fixings. # Sniper knee - straight on front pic. # Mic tips - straight on front pic. # Helmet left side - straight on pic. # Helmet back - straight on pic. # Lens color - backlit # Abdomen detail - without belt. # Left and right side detail - arms raised. # Interior strapping. # Neck seal. # You will also need a blaster - left/right/ D-ring # Action shot with blaster. You also appear to have a slightly larger gap then the allowed 1/2" (12.5mm) on the left side between the ab and kidney and it gradualy gets bigger towards the belt. However you seem to have an overlap on the right so is should just be a matter of adjusting the strapping and take a new pic. You got this Trooper
  5. Had such a great time at my first troop, I quickly signed up for an event in Corpus Christi. I arrived early to be sure I had plenty of time to get my armor on but still needed help with some pieces. This was a longer troop than my first one but still had a great time: The local Volunteers and a huge help. These little girls (and future Star Wars fans) were an absolute blast. The smile says it all... Even the security guard wanted a picture with us. Amazing (and satisfying) how many people just want a picture with us! And then I had my first troop related TK Malfunction. The Velcro on the back of the right shin came loose resulting in a 'blow out.' Luckily it was toward the end of the troop: Will be moving repairing the shin soon and getting ready for my next troop!!
  6. Just a quick update on where things have gone so far this year... I got my official 501st approval back in January (TK-14430). Actual approval only took a few days . I was part of the Texas Gulf Coast Squad and quickly signed up for my first troop, which was a Children's Hospital in McAllen. I was more nervous about getting my armor on than I was about the actual troop. But the other members present helped me get geared up and I had a blast: I'm the taller Stormtrooper on the right towards the back. I'm the Stormtrooper on the far right. In the elevator. I'm the Stormtrooper on the far right.
  7. ok update... need to paint my screws white.. Thinking the forarms can be a bit smaller... not happy with the bells.. going to reinforce where the split rivets are... bell needs trimming a bit... notch missing on kidney plate.. need to make sure elastics are all done up \maybe thigh trimming is needed.. forearms can be reduced more I think need to learn how to take photos straight right forearm needs to be adjusted.. thighs need to have hot bath to make narrower.. \ bells.... need to stand straight... more padding for helmet... Fans!! ad and chest plate adjustment.. bells and forearms.. how to get those bells in more? I have single elastic at the moment
  8. I use a good quality velcro, I tried the bra hooks but couldn’t get them closed. Think my calves were cut too close together. Occasionally if I move my foot a weird way the velcro might pop, but again I think that’s due to the fit cause it’s only the one leg. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. I'm coming up on this stage in my build, but I realize it would be nice to have a series of these kinds of questions thought the build. It can be a kind of time consuming to have to go through entire builds to look up specific stuff (but not unproductive! And threads like ukswrath's Anovos build make things easier...). Anyway, tell us how you like to close your calves! And feel free to tell us your thoughts on some pros and cons. Cheers.
  10. What Tony said^^^ Get some of the strapping done and then post pictures. When you have your arms in the air, as a "taller bigger" trooper don't expect to do that or snaps will become undone (plus Vader does not approve of surrendering). What plans to hold up your thighs (belt, harness,etc...)? Get some of the foam to line the insides of the thighs and shins, that will help with the sniper knee and the rotation of the shins.
  11. Hi Michael! You have a few issues that will more than likely be brought up by your GML and a few that may not. As per the CRL for Basic approval, "The greaves (calves) close in the back". This is done via Velcro or hooks. The thighs also have this same requirement and should be permanently closed (glued) in the back, and yours look to have a pretty good sized gap. The rear cover strips should ideally be centered on the backs of the thighs, as shown in green. It appears that you have quite a bit of space in the tops, so they could be cut down/brought in to closer achieve this. As mentioned, your GML will make the final decision but there are some minor fitment issues that should be easy to adjust to help you look your best. The front cover strips on the thighs/calves should (again.. ideally) line up, and the gaps on both sides of the cod would look better if they are consistent. Hope this helps, and I hope to see you as a new TK proudly serving the GLG and the Empire soon!
  12. Here ya go. I have more without the actors arm but will need to upload them to Photobucket later today.
  13. That would be awesome Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. Woah!! That’s one sweet ride You should paint it white though
  15. Nice work as usual Shawn. I personally would thin out the return edge thickness at the wrist side. Besides the upper and lower sections the general thickness of the movie armor is about 1/8". I can supply a photo if you need one.
  16. You’re right. 20mm: the front of thigh 20mm: the back of thigh 20mm: the front of shin 25mm: the back of shin
  17. Even the outside didn't escape being tagged, lol.
  18. Here's a little more progress. Shins and spats. I'm not doing Velcro closures on these. I will be doing magnets on most of my closures going forward and that will take place after most of my parts are glued together. I did not follow the Anovos instructions on the spats. They call for the greeblie side to be glued down and I dont like that look so I am following Ukswraths build for the spats. Also, beware if you are using the supplied templates for placing any resin parts on the armor. The templates are not to full scale.
  19. I wouldn’t go too much wider as it starts to become noticeable. a few mm extra you could probably get away with but around 30mm and over it start to look too wide.
  20. How wide can I go on back cover strips on thighs and shins? I know the back of thighs is supposed to be 20mm and back of shins is 25mm.
  21. Hi David, just got lost in your flickr-folders. What a nice collection. Wow. Now off to a great start with this outstanding blaster kit.
  22. Might not be a kit but delighted to report one of my Pauldrons has just shipped. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  1. Load more activity