Member Title

• Position
    DXO, Detachment Leader Emeritus

Contact Methods

• MSN
    atfranke@netspace.net.au

Profile Information

• Interests
    Star Wars, Ice Hockey , collecting fine wine, Snow skiing.

FISD Info

• FISD Service Medals
  • Attache Achievement Award
  • Centurion Granted Date
  • EIB Awards
  • EIB Cohorts
    ANH-S
  • FISD Kudos
    Redback Garrison's First Centurion

Standard Info

• Name
    Andrew
  • 501st ID
  • 501st Unit
    Redback
  • Troops Completed

Recent Profile Visitors

20,323 profile views
  1. Hi Jeff, welcome to FISD. As you are fast realising, there are plenty of members here more than happy to answer all your questions. Do ask as many as you need, advice will continue to come. I hope you enjoy your new journey to becoming a Stormtrooper.
  2. The top of the thighs, if you check movie references, had all the return edge removed, but many do leave some to give the armour the appearance of thickness. If you can get away with leaving some, generally 4 or 5 mm is enough, but you can remove it all, At the top of the Greaves you do want to leave the return edge, this area should be thicker, so I'd leave at least 10 mm. The bottom of the Greaves don't require any, and you will find it more comfortable to remove it all and less damaging to your boots.
  3. Francois, you have gone all out on this built, this is seriously good stuff. To say I'm impressed would be an understatement. Fantastic work and great details in this build thread, I'm sure this is going to make it easier for other potential builders.
  4. Good observation Chris, still hoping we get some real info on the Kama. I'll be sure to share if it comes through.
  5. This is of tremendous help so far Francois. I'll start to add text into the first post but we can continue to look at and discuss references to bring this up to where it needs to be so we can present it to the LMO team in the near future. Glen has a good point with the reference images , they certainly are our guide to written text and description. Keep up the stellar work on this.
  6. Hard, soft, and cloth components in an FISD costume! Sounds pretty standard when you consider what we have in our stable, but Gauntlets, jumpsuit and jetpack all together for the first time in our detachments' history, not to forget new blasters, need I go on! Pretty darn cool. We also need to consider the variants with the red sections of helmets, red gauntlets and the blasters etc. This CRL will also require a gallery for more detailed sections, like Enoch does.
  7. I also agree with what Glen has said above. Both pants and ROTK CRL for gloves.
  8. Do we have enough visible evidence to call out "Satin" paint finish for basic level? We deal in absolutes where possible based on information available to the open public, then only use BTS knowledge to fill in gaps. Here say and guess work is what we do spend a fair bit of time on Let's get some feedback from staff and members on this. If it looks like a satin finish, let's get some consensus, please.
  9. Thank you for all your hard work on this project. Your costume looks amazing, and now we can get the CRL built and hopefully green lit in the very near future.