New HDPE ANH helmet.

Guest T*E

OK, finished the painting of the helmet. I tried to make this as bad as the real ones were. sloppy lines, quick rushed nose areas.. you know.. as good as I can do it anyway. I was going for realism here and I think I got that down. The bottom trim is not on yet and the brow trim is not the same as what was used.. so.. it will be replaced.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a helmet made in the same material as the original ANH and ESB helmets. It is .055 thick and is done in the beige color. I know some of the pics look more like a cream, but it is really beige. The lighting was pretty bright.

Comments, questions??

Love to hear your thoughts!

T*E

post-497-1173865846_thumb.jpg

post-497-1173865860_thumb.jpg

post-497-1173865868_thumb.jpg

post-497-1173995144_thumb.jpg

post-497-1173995158_thumb.jpg

This is a helmet made in the same material as the original ANH and ESB helmets. It is .055 thick and is done in the beige color. I know some of the pics look more like a cream, but it is really beige. The lighting was pretty bright.

Comments, questions??

Love to hear your thoughts!

T*E

Ooo! Ahh! I want! I want!

T :salute:

Thanks for the nice comments guys. The material is polyethylene and is .055 thick. The ears are styrene like the originals were on the stunt helmets. This is not a fun material to use. You waste as much as you get good forms with.

Someone asked about the dome. The helmet is copied from both of my real ones I owned. The dome is 100% unmodified and correct. If comparing the GF/AP and the GT, those are all idealized and would not look like this one. This helmet folks is as close as you can get to a real one without spending $50K on it.

If you would like to know how to obtain one, please PM me or send me an email.

I am not going to do many of these and want them to be special and cool.

Can you wear and troop in this? YES absolutely you can do that.

The more wear it gets the more the paint will obtain that original screen used look to it.

I am happy to answer all other questions you may have.

T*E

These are really sweet Matt - thanks for showing them off.

Compare it to the screen cap.

buckets.jpg

Looks almost identical to me :)

On other forums people are saying it looks cream and not khaki. Well, khaki is a color that has many different hues. I am using the one I got that was called khaki and it can vary from place to place as well as to peoples eyes. I like the look. Besides, no one else can offer a helmet in the same material as the originals, but instead of offering kudos, they offer only 'oh yeah, show me proof' comments.

I will try to post some more pics later of this. Lets see how well you all like it gussied up!

T*E

On other forums people are saying it looks cream and not khaki. Well, khaki is a color that has many different hues. I am using the one I got that was called khaki and it can vary from place to place as well as to peoples eyes. I like the look. Besides, no one else can offer a helmet in the same material as the originals, but instead of offering kudos, they offer only 'oh yeah, show me proof' comments.

I will try to post some more pics later of this. Lets see how well you all like it gussied up!

T*E

Yeah, you cannot beat that kind of quality! :salute: some people get so detail oriented that they get tunnel vision about what is more correct...I know this because I am a historian...I definately apreciate your work! :duim:

Thanks for the nice comments guys. The material is polyethylene and is .055 thick. The ears are styrene like the originals were on the stunt helmets. This is not a fun material to use. You waste as much as you get good forms with.

Someone asked about the dome. The helmet is copied from both of my real ones I owned. The dome is 100% unmodified and correct. If comparing the GF/AP and the GT, those are all idealized and would not look like this one. This helmet folks is as close as you can get to a real one without spending $50K on it.

If you would like to know how to obtain one, please PM me or send me an email.

I am not going to do many of these and want them to be special and cool.

Can you wear and troop in this? YES absolutely you can do that.

The more wear it gets the more the paint will obtain that original screen used look to it.

I am happy to answer all other questions you may have.

T*E

E-mail sent! :)

Besides, no one else can offer a helmet in the same material as the originals, but instead of offering kudos, they offer only 'oh yeah, show me proof' comments.

T*E

Some people can't see the forrest for the trees. So :Laser: the nea-sayers.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

These buckets are just too cool, but I have one question:

What does HDPE stand for? I am trying to learn as much as I can, so I know what PRF is, and AP, and GP, but this is a new one to me.

Can someone please enlighten me?

:trooper:

High Density Polyethylene. Man, wish I had some spare cash to get me one - these are totally sweet.

High Density Polyethylene. Man, wish I had some spare cash to get me one - these are totally sweet.

Ditto. I keep trying to think of how I could do this.

Thanks for the info on the material.

:trooper: