OPERATION OMG REBUILD!!!!

Soon I will be dissecting and rebuilding a Recastastic helmet for a guy here that got ripped on the bay. Stay tuned for the fun and bring beer and pop corn :)

To bring yourself up to date, here is the original thread.

http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?show...amp;#entry44989

WE ARE GOING TO PIMP THIS BAD BOY :)

Mike

Brothers Donations:

Nathan - "runriottt"

Chris - "Smitty"

Steve - "Amish Trooper"

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He better appreciate this is all I can say :)

No worries mate, I'm so overly excited and appreciate Mike doing this for me. And thanks to the guys shipping in with stuff for the helmet :D.

This will be one sweet thread and helmet!

Would be cool to get one of those ingraved plates one of the members are making. So when ever I'm not wearing the helmet, I put it in a place with the plate infront for my buddies to see when they get over. Makes the helmet look even more unique and expensive :). Might order one afterwards.

Can't wait :D.

OK, so here we go. I got the helmet today. We had some real serious import issues to resolve but we have cleared those. I wanna start off by saying that whoever sold this helmet to Kent should feel pretty sorry an impolite person right now. First he overpaid for the helmet, then had to ship it to me and then pay an import fee..... $630 so far. Sleep well......

Anyway lets begin!!!!

100_7656.jpg

One of the first things I have to fix is the eyes... They are under trimmed and a bit of a loose pull. I take a pencil and mark where I think the trimming should be for an ANH helmet.

100_7664.jpg

100_7665.jpg

100_7666.jpg

Using a large x-acto knife I carefully trim along my lines that I drew. After I cut everything to shape I hit it with some 80 grit to smooth things out quickly.

100_7667.jpg

100_7668.jpg

100_7669.jpg

Now I take it outside and give it a nice thick clean coat of primer. I will let this dry for a while and then we will start smoothin' her out. This is going to be a nice bucket. Thats all for today.

100_7681.jpg

100_7682.jpg

100_7683.jpg

100_7684.jpg

100_7685.jpg

100_7686.jpg

100_7687.jpg

Kent has decided on this style helmet for himself. I will do my best to make it happen buddy. :)

ANHSFSStunt01.jpg

Thanks mate... I can't stop smiling when I see the project pictures, I'm so excited :)

1:46 am now, nighty all !