E6000 supply

Okay, own up.  Who's bought all the E6000?

Must admit of all the things I figured would be hard to get the E6000 wasn't on the list.  So for 0 for 6 on eBay listings for the 110ml size.

Follow up edit: There's some that's clearly a china but locally based type operation, should I worry about "fake" or otherwise bad glues?

Edited by themaninthesuitcase

Okay, own up.  Who's bought all the E6000?

Must admit of all the things I figured would be hard to get the E6000 wasn't on the list.  So for 0 for 6 on eBay listings for the 110ml size.

Follow up edit: There's some that's clearly a china but locally based type operation, should I worry about "fake" or otherwise bad glues?

Nah, it's all the same stuff. I've gotten the China stuff before and it was the real deal.

I would be wary of anything coming from China, since E-6000 is manufactured in Pineville, Louisiana in the US.  There was a thread a while back from someone who purchased some "bootleg" E-6000 which was total garbage, and did not work well at all.

I'm in the UK and everything is privately imported. I am sourcing from eBay and Amazon where most the 110ml (3.7oz?) is out of stock for some reason including the on I had planned on using.

This seller says they are uk based and their shipping times tie up just their portfolio of items smells of China.

Once I get it I'll test it. Is there a simple check I can do? I have some black ABS sheet I can use.

The E6000 came today, does this look legit?  Some of the printing isn't such great quality.  This is as it came out of the envelope.

-----------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

I love the smell of E-6000 in the morning... smells like... tetramethyldec-5-yne-4,7-diol..  I did a little research on this, Chris, and discovered a few things....  You were sharp in noticing that the printing is a bit dodgy, a dead giveaway.  It should also give both the companies' websites, one of which is e-6000.com, not E-6000.com, as well as eclecticproducts.com, and the place of manufacture.  The problem is that even though we know that yes, it can cause problems if used incorrectly, you have no idea what sort of chemicals/carcinogens are used in knock-offs, or if the product will even hold up in the long-run or perhaps damage your armor.

I think your best bet at this point would be to hold off on using this and get in touch with someone in the UK Garrison and find out where they got their supply, or get in touch with the manufacturer.  Hope this helps.

(Side note, yes, the pic is a bit blurry, but the printing is razor sharp, and sorry for the bad "Apocalypse now" reference).

Here are 2 articles that may help, especially the first one..

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13

The colour on mine seems more brown than the one you posted but that could be lighting (but doubt it).

I am now reasonably sure this isn't a legit product so will bring it up with the seller.

I did ask a UKG member where to get it and basically eBay is it. As far as I know there is no official uk source but I think I'll do some more research on this.

Just glad I only got 1 tube now in case I can't get my money back.

Edit: just went back to the listing and the picture looks completed different and more like the one you showed. Should hopefully give me some ammunition to get this resolved.

Edited by themaninthesuitcase

In the first article, the person said she contacted the company directly and they gave her a list of all UK suppliers, so you could try that route.  The company also states that they do not supply distributors in China or Hong Kong, so you can pretty much count on anything from sellers there to be a fake.  I appreciate you starting this thread, and am going to add this information on my "Suppy List.." thread.

• Like 1

I've contacted the eBay seller as a "concerned" buyer. I didn't use the words fake or counterfeit but I hinted at this. Will see what they say. If I'm not happy it's a PayPal dispute.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On 11/1/2015 at 5:15 AM, Mcott65 said:

--------------

This is where I got mine legit and cheep.

thanks I'll get a tube ordered. Money back or no I can't see me using the last tube.

Edited by gmrhodes13