My 2mm ATA Build

Had a bit of difficulty glueing the shoulder straps on, they just kept sliding about no matter how many clamps i held them down with.

Resorted to adding in a piece to the back of the strap before applying to the chest.

Used a small G-clamp to apply a wee bit of pressure in the middle of the plate which pulled it into the curve of the strap.

This seems to be working, not to mention a bigger area to get a foot hold and not just using the edges of the strap.

ShoulderStrapsFixings.jpg

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots and lots going on right now, determined to get this TK finished and doing the rounds.

Legs are next, trimmed and 'abs cemented' the seams with strengtheners glued to the insides.

Some adjustment required on the right leg though. The top digging into my groin and my backside, and I cant bend my leg so have to cut the back of the knee.

Insides...

ThighLeftInside.jpg

...top front...

RightThighAdjustmentFrontTop.jpg

...top back...

RightThighAdjustmentRearTop.jpg

...back of knee.

RightThighAdjustmentRearBottom.jpg

Hi all, quick question.

I'm just about to mount the Ab buttons and have cut them to the recommended size, but as you can see I've run into a slight problem.

AbButtonsPlaced.jpg

The centre panel is fine, but the four button panel looks too long and over hangs.

Should I cut this down to coincide with the mounting area?

I'm just itching to cut this and make it fit, but don't want to make a mistake if doing so would be wrong! :56pullhair:

IMG_0077.jpg

By the way the size of the mount is 21mm x 67mm.

Working on the belt whilst waiting on glue setting.

Rivets were far to long so I had to shorten them, here's how it's done.

1,2,3 - gently grip the rivet and tap the centre pin through.

4,5 - cut the rivet to the desired length and remove any ragged edges.

6,7 - tap the centre pin back through the rivet.

75addf2d-f319-4649-b9c9-77964020d12a.jpg

Edited by TrooperD

Since my kit doesn't come with inner drop boxes, I had to make my own...

DropboxesInners.jpg

Draw round the outer box and cut inside the line so that it fits inside.

Cut 10mm strips and using ABS cement, glue them to the rear face of the inner box.

With a fair bit of sanding, inner boxes finished. :dancing-trooper:

The position looks good. One thing to do is trim the sides so the ends are vertical. probably just confused you, but check out some of the centurion or EIB submissions for an example.

• 3 weeks later...

Torso all done too, and curved in the bottom of the ab-plate to meet with the kidney cut outs as requested....

Torso.jpg

...couple of close ups including the elastics for the shoulder straps and all rivets painted as well.

TorsoCloseups.jpg

Ammo strap on the knee fitted with cap rivets and just the slightest touch of abs cement to make sure it doesn't slip up or down!

Managed to fit this really quite easily but found that slight knocks moved the strap up the leg at the front, hence the abs cement.

This secured it into the position I was looking for as I was a little concerned about the possibility of it moving on a troop, maybe a bit over critical or cautious but I cant help it. :icon_beg:

KneeAmmo.jpg

Had to try it on and get some pics, super excited and can see the end in sight. :D  :D  :D  :dancing-trooper:

So here are the pics I used for my signature (had to play around there too)...

IMG_0217.jpg

IMG_0214.jpg

...and not forgetting my amazing wife who had put up with all those lonely nights, sat in while I was in the shed and then saw fit to destroy her kitchen, living room, hallway, bedroom and just about everywhere in the house with bits of TK and plastic cuttings.

DSCN1196.jpg

Doopys E11 kit arrived, so Im going to throw myself into building this so I can submit for clearance and get trooping.

DSCN1202.jpg

And will get some pre-submition pics taken this weekend for critique and see where I need to make adjustments. ;)

Leaps and bounds Mark, looking good, won't be long until we see some application photos :D