TM's ANH Hero build[*TM]

I am building up a screen accurate ANH hero suit at the moment and thought I would share some photos with you guys. I am hoping this build will inspire more people to have a go at making a screen accurate suit. The original strapping really feels awesome when you wear the suit and you get a feel for how it was for the actors on set.

The kit is made from glossy 1.5mm ABS and I am using all vintage Newey fasteners, wire strapping brackets, split rivets and elastics just as they did for the movie suits.

I am trimming the parts using a sharp craft knife and cleaning the edges using a knife blade. No sandpaper will be used on this kit as I am trying to get it just as was back in 1977.

I will be making a multi layered canvas belt, a leather holster from my new template, and latex hand plates from my new mould.

Here are some photos of what I have done so far and I will continue to post more as I progress :)

DSCF1984.jpg

DSCF1985.jpgDSCF1986.jpgDSCF1987.jpgDSCF1988.jpgDSCF1990.jpgDSCF1989.jpgDSCF1991.jpgDSCF1993.jpgDSCF1992.jpgDSCF1994.jpgDSCF1995.jpgDSCF1997.jpgDSCF1996.jpg

• Like 4

Is this the Luke replica for a certain friend of ours? If so, I'm really looking forward to seeing how you resolve the chest plate strapping issue.

I am trimming the parts using a sharp craft knife and cleaning the edges using a knife blade. No sandpaper will be used on this kit as I am trying to get it just as was back in 1977.

Nice to hear that my laziness is screen-accurate! :laugh1:

I don't have original Newey sew-in snaps myself but it looks like mine are a very good match visually, so that's cool too. I have it on reasonably good authority that the size is correct too. :)

This is not the Luke suit. That is coming next ;)

I will check on the exact size of the Newey sew on snaps and let you know. I am not 100% sure if these are the same snaps used on the shoulder straps but they look the same. Either way, they are vintage and that what counts on an authentic build :)

I will check on the exact size of the Newey sew on snaps and let you know. I am not 100% sure if these are the same snaps used on the shoulder straps but they look the same. Either way, they are vintage and that what counts on an authentic build :)

Yours look just like the ones on the RS suit (as I'm sure you know). No doubt Newey is the correct brand for those too.

I was quite pleased with the ones I found as a decent looking match. Mine are 15mm (backs) / 16mm (fronts), made by 151 Products Ltd. of Manchester ...

CIMG0359.jpg

Pardon the hijack! :blush:

Awsome Accurate Build thread mate , and this will certainly help others get it bang on when building a true TM suite , from a original back in the day ;)

looking good. At times I wish I could buy 5 more TK suits just so I could have all the variants I like. And have one just all out Screen accurate. :) Watching with enthusiasm.

I have to say it anyway, even though it is already known.... you are a true artist Paul! :jc_doublethumbup: